Smoothing the putty out was harder than I realized, but giving it an uneaven look might add more realism. Once the putty was on the base, I took a toothpick and smoothed it around, being careful not to get any on her feet.
I then scored the surface in a brick-like pattern with a hobby knife. The next step was to let it dry and then paint it with a series of light grays and dark grays. Here is the finished product, a pulp era femme fatale. The model is from ReaperMiniatures
With some putty and a knife a great base is born. With enough time and inspiration there is no limit to what you can accomplish.
I'll try to make "Miniature Mondays" a regular part of the blog. It will have something to do with the hobby of miniatures, whether it be an after action report, great finds for the gaming table, or something of another nature.
Have a great game!